What is the purpose of the El Paso Giving?
Through our partners, GivePulse and Network for Good, Walmart wants to help support El Paso nonprofits that are supported by El Paso associates and community members. We also want to help associates connect with others to drive positive impact for those organizations, and support community cohesion. Walmart will make charitable contributions through GivePulse recommending El Paso county nonprofits between November 14th – December 31st to match eligible community and associate volunteer hours and associatedonations.
What are the total matching amount?
There is a total volunteer matching amount of $500,000. Volunteer hours eligible for a match by community members and associates must be made between November 14th and December 31st, 2019. Nonprofits will have until January 10th at 11:59PM (Mountain Time) to verify donations and volunteer hours, which is required for matching eligibility.
What if I am getting an error message about 2 step authentications (for associates only)?
If you are an associate having issues with 2 factor authentications, Go to WMLINK/2STEP
Note: if that does not work for you, go to: two-step-verification.html
Choose which option you want to use for verification
Which organizations are eligible to receive a matching grant?
- • Only organizations that appear on elpasogiving.givepulse.com are eligible to participate in El Paso Giving. These organizations are limited to nonprofit organizations that have a current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and are listed in the IRS Master File with a mailing address in El Paso county.
- • Organizations may be required to agree to certain other terms and conditions as part of claiming their GivePulse site (https://www.givepulse.com/terms) or as part of the verification process.
Who is eligible to receive a volunteer match?
- • Associates that live and work in El Paso County are eligible to receive a match of $10/hour for eligible volunteer activities (up to the total volunteer matching maximum of $500,000). They must sign in through SSO OR provide their WIN number in order to be verified as an associate that lives or works in El Paso County.
- • Any community member is eligible to receive a $5/hour match for eligible volunteer activities (up to the total volunteer matching maximum of $500,000) that serve an El Paso County nonprofit and the El Paso community.
What if I cannot find the organization that I am looking to donate to?
- • Confirm the organization’s nonprofit tax status with a staff member of the organization. They must have a 501(c)(3) tax status and be in the IRS Master Data File with a mailing address in El Paso county to be considered eligible.
- o You can look up the IRS status of an organization by searching its Legal Name and/or Tax ID # on GuideStar (here).
- • If you find your organization on the GivePulse platform, but they have not yet claimed their account, you can send them a link to their GivePulse page to register.
- • You can also provide the organization the following URL to create an account and go through the verification process elpasogiving.givepulse.com
- • If you need further support, please contact us here: https://elpasogivingsupport.givepulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
How will I know if the maximum matching grant amount has been reached?
Once the maximum matching grant amount is reached, a message will be posted on the elpasogiving.givepulse.com page and will be on the support portal under announcements. All match requests submitted after the matching maximum is reached will be rejected.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Visit https://elpasogivingsupport.givepulse.com. If you have additional questions, please contact https://elpasogivingsupport.givepulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Any nonprofit found to have made false representations relating to certifying volunteer hours may be blocked from using the GivePulse platform and may be banned from all other Walmart.org giving programs going forward.