- Only organizations that appear on elpasogiving.givepulse.com are eligible. Those organizations are limited to nonprofit organizations that have a current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and are listed in the IRS Master File with a mailing address in El Paso county. contact us here.
- Organizations verifying volunteer time must certify that the volunteer hours provided by community members or associates were given to serve the El Paso (El Paso County) community, including but not limited to things like serving meals at a homeless shelter, board service, participating in a charity walk/run, or serving a local food bank.
- Organizations may be required to agree to certain other terms and conditions as part of claiming their GivePulse site (https://www.givepulse.com/terms) or as part of the verification process.
- Associates that live and work in El Paso County are eligible to receive a match of $10/hour for eligible volunteer activities (up to the total volunteer matching maximum of $500,000). They must sign in through SSO OR provide their WIN number in order to be verified as an associate that lives or works in El Paso County.
- Any community member is eligible to receive a $5/hour match for eligible volunteer activities (up to the total volunteer matching maximum of $500,000) that serve an El Paso County nonprofit and the El Paso community.
Nonprofit Volunteer Verification Process
Nonprofits will answer the below questions when verifying volunteer hours (questions with asterisk are required):
- 1. *Your organization hereby agrees to use the Walmart match grant funds solely for activities in the United States (insert check box)
- 2. *Your organization affirms that the volunteer was not compensated by your organization for the volunteer time being verified
- 3. *Was a representative from the nonprofit organization managing/coordinating the volunteer activity? Yes/No
- 4. *User Agreement: By checking the box below, you certify that you have read the El Paso Volunteer Guidelines and FAQs and, to the best of your knowledge, the information you are submitting is accurate and complies with the polices of the El Paso Volunteer Guidelines.
Guidestar & Nonprofit Verification
GivePulse leverages a number of sources to confirm a Nonprofit's 501c(3) status. If you are a NWA nonprofit and believe you should be a part of WalmartGivesNWA, please search or confirm via https://www.guidestar.org/search
For all other inquiries, please contact us here: https://elpasogiving.givepulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001164753
Claim your account if you are a El Paso County 501c(3) Nonprofit
Administrators who oversee volunteer coordinating or development efforts should be the ideal primary admin within a GivePulse Nonprofit group account. To begin, follow the steps below:
- • Confirm within your Nonprofit if there is already an existing person overseeing a GivePulse Group account. Note: Some admins should have received a notification to claim administrative privileges to oversee your group account.
- • If there isn't, make sure to find the Nonprofit within https://elpasogiving.givepulse.com/search/group? by using the EIN (Tax ID) or search by the Nonprofit name.
- • Click on the result or link to your Nonprofit group's profile and "claim" it.
- • Upon submission, someone within the https://elpasogivingsupport.givepulse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001164753 team will have received this request and will be reviewing your claim request.